Hmoob Cultural Center of Alaska
Hmoob Cultural Center of Alaska is a bilingual and cultural early childhood education development here in Anchorage. Hmoob Cultural Center of Alaska will provide language & cultural education for the next generation including teaching to embrace and strengthen our heritage. HCCofAK will provide quality childcare and learning experiences for children in a safe and caring environment, helping them develop socially, creatively, cultural, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. HCCofAK will strive to work cooperatively with the community.
We take pride in our highly qualified teachers and in our communications throughout the center. We strive to provide a safe and nurturing environment where children can express their individuality, while we provide them with a variety of experiences and enhance their development. HCCofAK takes pride in its reputation and strives to uphold and promote
values and principles, which encompass fairness and honesty to instilling a life-long love for learning, while providing a nurturing atmosphere that helps promote self-image and self-esteem in all children.
Bilingual for the future (Paub ntau yaam lug rua yaav tom ntej)
Provide the kind of environment and influences that encourage all children to become creative, culture, independent, responsible, well rounded, and self-directed. Our desire is for excellence in meeting the needs of children and their families for nurturing, growth and development, relationships and understanding.
Increase Hmong awareness in Alaska.
1. Experience: learning and hands on with Hmong instruments, equipment, and anything with Hmong heritage.
2. Believe: We believe in ourselves, in our mission, and achieve our goals by supporting Hmong children and non-Hmong to learn the culture.
3. Students: To guide and meet the needs of our students by encouraging our next generation to learn and engage Hmong heritance.
4. Accountability: students learning to be responsible for one’s action and to be resilient.
5. Respect: Diversity in children and families